AW: Risk and Money Management Guides

Vince.

You are right and there is another important aspect: diversification.

You might want to go back to Mr. Dr. Tharp and let him know that this
part of his interview here
(http://www.iitm.com/consulting/vkt_interview.htm) is NOT correct:

"Incidentally, the most important part of the equation is the money
management overlay that I've already talked about. Yet, if you bought a
software package to develop a trading system, you could not apply any of
these money management overlays. Isn't that interesting? All of the
software packages give people what they want and thus focus on the least
important areas of system development-how to use various indicators for
entry."

We have launched Wealth-Lab Developer 2 now nearly two years ago and it
actually is focusing on this aspect (besides all the other simple
stuff).
I wish all this book writers would update themselves from time to time.
Vince, I bet that even now that I tell you, I will not receive any email
form Mr. Tharp and I bet that the quote will still be there in a month!

Like to hear from you.

Volker
(Wealth-Lab Inc.)

Dr.
||Van
||Tharp available at his www.iitm.com website. His two books are also
ok,
||but
||this video set is outstanding, whether swing trading, intraday trading
or
||investing.
||Dr. Tharp's books are:
||- Financial Freedom Through Electronic Day-Trading
||- Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom
||Also worth reading are these books - some only have a chapter or so
about
||money and risk management:
||- New Thinking in Technical Analysis by Rick Bensignor
||- The Compleat Guide to Day Trading Stocks by Jake Bernstein
||- The Trading Game: Playing by the Numbers to Make Millions, by Ryan
Jones
||- The Real Holy Grail: Money Management by Eddie Kwong
||- Elements of Successful Trading by Robert Rotella
||- Campaign Trading by John Sweeney
||- Undergroundtrader.com Guide to Electronic Trading by Jea Yu
||If you want deeper books, these are more difficult reading and contain
||more
||about risk and money management:
||- Quantitative Trading and Money Management by Fred Gehm
||- Portfolio Management Formulas by Ralph Vince
||- Mathematics of Money Management by Ralph Vince
||- New Money Management by Ralph Vince
||- Profit Strategies: Unlocking Trading Performance with Money
Management