quick code question

In some data I have two gaps, so I have a line in my code
saying:

if date=(1001011) or date=(1020222) then setExitOnClose;

What I was expecting was to close on the last tik before
the gap, but its not working as expected... In fact it does
nothing!

I've experimented with all sorts of "if date=eldate" etc.
but I haven't hit the right combination yet... Has anyone
any experience with inserting hard dates into code?

Thanks,

Justin

ps, for those who remember me having massive PC issues a few
    weeks back, TS still won't install on my machine, but I
    installed on another and just ported it across, worked great,
    must be an install issue with my config.