RE: Wealth Lab for portfolio testing/trading

  • To: "VK" <vk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Wealth Lab for portfolio testing/trading
  • From: "Charles Johnson" <cmjohnsonxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:39:51 -0800

Actually, it would be very helpful to the trading community to have
objective comparative tests, well designed, well executed and comprehensive,
of the accuracy and capabilities of many different trading platforms,
including TradeStation, Wealth-Lab, Trading Recipes, and Behold, as well as
add-ons like the Rina products. The tests could include portfolio-level
trading in products in which it is available. Software manufacturers could
correct bugs and resubmit their software for re-testing.

One would hope that the developers of the various platforms have their own
internal validation suites; it would be interesting to see a vendor publicly
release their test suite and test results.

Large companies entrusting large amounts of money to software such as
accounting systems routinely conduct rigorous tests of the software before
it goes into production. Perhaps some individuals or organizations have done
such testing of popular (or unpopular) trading platforms.