Re: Want to increase Windows Partition

Ernie,

> Does anyone know whether there is an application that will
> increase the size of my C: partition?  It's not clear
> whether Partition Magic will do it.  It is currently a FAT
> partition, and I could convert it to NTFS first via
> Partition Magic.  But can I increase its size since it
> physically shares a single disk drive and the other
> partition, D:, has the space I need?

 I have PartitionMagic 5.0 on a computer with two hard disks and dual boot
OS (Win98 & NT4), hence it ended up with 7 (FAT, FAT32 and NTFS) partitions
and 7 logical drives.

>From the menu bar:

Operations  >  Resize / Move
Operations  >  Convert
etc

a series of operation can be set up before applying it.

1. Resize D: partition  (to create room for C: partition)
2. Resize C: partition
3. Execute operations

The resizing is quite straightforward with direct text entry, spinner or
dragging the horizontal partition bar.

I have increased the C: partitions (it has Win98 only but it keeps growing
with system files from application installed elsewhere) a few times without
any hassle, but it is always a good idea to do a back-up beforehand.

KL