routers/esignal/IB

Hi gang,

I am considering switching one of my TS computers to esignal. And also
looking at replacing my Linksys router with a Dlink DI-804, as Linsys
doesn't get along well with my IB software. This Dlink router has the
ability to use a backup connection via dial-up modem. The last time I used
esignal, a few years back, it had trouble connecting to a second connection
immediately if the original connection went down; it thought it was still
connected to the original connection for a time. So if this is the case, the
back-up would be of less value. I wonder if anyone has any recent experience
with esignal in this regard (with or without a router), with dlink routers,
etc.

Or question #2, has anyone figured out a way to make IB work with a linksys
router without all the constant loss of connections?

Thanks for any input,
Chris