RE: Limited life span of mechanical systems?

It depends...
The number of solution found is a function of the incremental improvement that
the sofware finds when adding new fuzzy sets.
So it may stop very quickly ( if no improvement was possible)  or find  dozens
of solutions that are very close  for some of them.
Anyway, the out of sample data will do the difference.
Usually,  there are a lot of acceptable solutions that work with unseen data.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
Tradestation 2000i, TradeStation 6 sales and support
Safir-X, neurofuzzy logic trading system builder

To subscribe to our FREE trading system newsletter:
http://www.sirtrade.com/newsletter.htm
Next issue: November 2002