Re[4]: [OT] New pc

Eric,

I'm a big fan of installing every update and SP.  I have a hard time
with this one because the number one problem most software vendors
have is when people install SP1 on XP Pro.  A number of computers
just don't work at all after it is installed. Some are only slightly
crippled others do fine.  There is no way to uninstall it I understand
so what do you do?  It would take me many many hours to reinstall
everything on my computer.  Is this a chance you want to take?  If so
then have at it.

Why do you think it is so important?  Qualify your remark.

Jimmy

Eric> Pardon the intrusion, but I think it is very important that XP-SP1 be
Eric> installed.

Eric> Several high level security analyst have said that original XP machines have
Eric> archetecture level vulnerabilities.  MS said as much in its distribution
Eric> announcement.