Re: TradeStation Securities

Russ:

There is an issue that you have not considered.
SECURITY !

With TS, your install the software in client-server mode.
You have to leave various ports open for the software to
work.  Your code is in EL.  (Secured or not is irrelevant.)
What is there to prevent a rouge employee from installing a
Trojan Horse on your machine?
Nothing!

You have no way of knowing what goes through the SSL
tunneling between your box and the outside world.  If your
system trades well, you might just have a few people trading
it without your knowledge.

How is IB or other automatable broker INTERFACE different?
You do NOT need to have your trading system installed on the
same box.  You can install the interface the the signal
generator (TS2000i) on separate machines (or separate
Virtual Machines) and send directives to the interface via
HTTPS, RMI, telnet, RPC, or whatever distributed protocol
you wish to use.  This alternative is UNBREAKABLE because
you have control over the OUTGOING https, rmi, rpc, etc.
from a trusted host -- your machine behind the  firewall.
:-)
(I am assuming, you disabled incomming services to your
trusted machine.)

Given this concern, I would NEVER trade at TS Securities,
even if it were free, the software was fee, the data was
superb, etc.  No corporation, however sincere, can guarantee
that they do NOT have any rouge employees.  I do trust that
TS Securities is sincere, wants to provide the best possible
trading experience, yet  TS Securities cannot guarantee the
security and privacy of my trading due to the integrated
nature of current software.

Regards,
Leslie

--