TradeStation Securities

Omega list,

I have been trading with Interactive Brokers and
I am thinking about changing to TradeStation
Securities.  I like IB but I am hoping that
Tradestation Securities will make it much easier
to automate trades.

I currently use TS2000i and have previously been
an end of day stock and option trader.  I now
want to trade the Qs intraday and perhaps the e-
mini.  For those of you that have experience
with TradeStation Securities, I would like to
ask some questions that may benefit others on
the list.  BTW, I am a long time user of TS up
through all upgrades to 2000i.  Please forgive
me if these questions have been asked and
answered before.  Here goes.........

1. What kind of problems will I have with
converting my current TS2000i EL code to the
latest TS software?

2. After I do the code conversion, how long
should it take me to be up and running?  Please
include the time required for TS to activate my
account after they get my trading capital.

3. What characteristics of the new software
drive you crazy?

4. What are the major differences between
TS2000i and the latest software?  Which
differences are better and which are worse?

5. How does TradeStation handle bad ticks?  Do
they filter data before my code utilizes bad
ticks?  If not, can I write code contained
within my entry and exit code that will ignore
signals created by bad ticks?  If I can’t modify
entry/exit code to ignore bad ticks, can I write
code that will give me a signal separate from my
entry/exit signals when a tick occurs that is
higher or lower than what I think it should be?

6. Have you incurred ANY costs beyond the 1.2
cents per share (first 500 shares) and $100 per
month for software fees?  What were they?

7. Is there any issue, not asked above, that
would have kept you from using the latest TS
software or brokerage services if you had know
it before you had converted?

Russ