Re: Interactive Brokers Review

Exactly, the trick is:

1. When installing Sun's Java you should make sure that it doesn't get
installed as "default Java runtime" for neither IE nor Netscape.
Otherwise you risk some instability in running Java apps via IE (Sun's
Java runtime doesn't integrate as well as MS's own with IE).

2. to install TWS to run locally, not via browser

This will allow you to also run PATS JTrader via IE6, even concurrently
if you want.

I've been very pleased with IB/TWS. Very short and infrequent downtimes
(and I'm connecting from Europe), reliable auto-re-connects, timely
realtime quotes, immediate notification about problems via bulletins. I
can't say anything similar for the PATS-based brokers I've tried in the
past. I keep them, just in case IB is down, but never used them in many
months.

IB is very far ahead of the competition in my experience, I wish that
other brokers try to catch up. Competition is good for us consumers.

The problem with IB is that you can't trade pit-based markets.

My experience with Eurex convinced me to not consider trading US, TY and
FV by the way -- the Bund, Bobl and Schatz are far more liquid with much
lower costs of trading (esp. with regard to slippage).

Regards, MT