Re: Cost of inhouse trading software development

Hello Christian,

I started down this track a couple of years ago but the projected
costs were prohibitive IMO. (I'm a sole trader and the best rough
estimates were well in excess of $50K, which was a bit much for me.)

What I wanted was a robust testing platform with a flexible coding
language that I could use for systems development as well as
position-size and portfolio testing and also use for trading. A tall
order, and one that TradeStation falls well short of IMHO.

The solution I found was a package called PowerST
www.powertesting.com. I have been using it since March this year and
it does everything that I had in my requirements for a custom package
plus a few more. Coding is done in C++, which gives an enormous amount
of bang for the buck.

E-mail me privately if you want to ask specific questions.

--
Best regards,
 Ross                       mail to: ross.bond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx