market action last November --- and volatility now

A quick look at SPZ1 shows that last November from 11-13 till 11-25-01 we had only about a 25 point range, then at the end of Nov. the market started opening up.

Anybody know if this is typical of Novembers ?

By the way, 100 period volatility for SPZ2 shows steady contraction for 5 weeks going.

6 period volatility is at a 5 week low.

Big move due soon ???

Perhaps the market is waiting for a Barbeque in Bagdad ?

I'm more of a dove type but I'm getting awful sick of this range contraction.

Mike