Re: Active Trader Article -- Polychromatic Momentum System

I coded and tested it.

Ordinary momentum has only 1 parameter.
The Dennis Meyers approach requires a minimum of 2,
Meyers recommends 3 parameters
(1) lookback;
(2) buy level;
(3) sell level
with walk forward optimization.

Did it improve results?
Yes, if you go back to the 1970's and 1980's.
Some famously strong trending markets, e.g. NG showed SOME
improvement but the performance edge declines the further
you move into the late 1990's.  Once Natural Gas became a
real active market, the performance edge evaporated.  By the
end of the '90's I could not identify any markets showed
statistically significant gains.

Actually, for a system with 3 degrees of freedom (3
parameters) the polychromatic momentum UNDER PERFORMED other
3 degree freedom systems when tested on a diversified basket
of markets.

Yet another example of the famous 'curve fit' articles.
Look at his article on "Surfing the polynomial curve", the
ultimate curve fit article.  :-)

Leslie

--
Regards,