Re: The Expectancy Ratio - for measuring system performance - Any ideas??

Expectancy as put forward by Tharp or Matulich makes sense.  It expresses
the edge a system has.  The expectancy score ignores the ratio of
transaction costs to average wins and therefore is somewhat biased in
favour of marginal systems.

IMHO.  That's the maths, anyway.

I personally use a simpler rule:  No more than 60% losers, and at least 2:1
avg win/avg loss.  If a system fails either or both criteria I look elsewhere.

YMMV.