Re: Why I won't trade today: Murder of children

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Why I won't trade today: Murder of children
  • From: UMCANkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:16:57 -0800

Dear Philip,

My heart and prayers are with you this day. For you and your country are going through 9/11 everyday.

I have many Jewish friends, including my Mother who converted 3 years ago from Catholicism. Words cannot express what you and your country are going through and we as "outsiders" only wish for Peace to come to your land.

I've been studying this tragedy for some time now and personally cannot see a way for there to be Peace. Too much blood has been spilt. Too many wounds have been created. They say Time heals all wounds but in this case the wounds keep opening. I'm an Analyst by trade (Information Technology) and part of my job responsibilities are finding a logical solution to various corporate situations. These "situations" include "people" and the possibility that their jobs may be phased out as a result of what I do. Therefore, I must keep a non-emotional viewpoint to the solutions that I sometimes have to propose. Philip, I ask you to do the same with the solution that I'm about to propose to you now. Please try to turn the emotions and hatred you have for those animals OFF and imagine this proposal:

>From the angle of looking at a simple map, the solution to this problem lies in Geography: Palestine and Israel are literally intertwined together in close proximity. As long as this occurs there will never be peace. You have the West Bank at one end of Israel and Gaza on the other. Israel must give them their own land. Separated all together, from Israel. If they want to call it their own Nation, then so be it. Let them stay in their corner of the World and fucking starve to death. Sorry, but I too want this senseless bloodshed to STOP!

Imagine if you will, a "38th Parallel" similar to that which divides North and South Korea. But this Parallel will be drawn literally right on top of Jerusalem, separating Israel in the North and Palestine in the South. Jerusalem would remain neutral for all the world to experience.

I mean, go back to when we were school children ourselves. When two school children fought in a class room what did the teacher do? He/she sent one child to one corner of the room, and the other child to other corner. The teacher did not have them sit right next to each other and have them try and talk it out! Israel and Palestine are beyond talking. The fact that Palestinians have sunk to the level of blowing themselves up shows that they are beyond reasoning with. But they are still human beings.. I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember/witness when Israel achieved it's independence. But for a while the British occupied Israel. And how did Israel drive Britain out? Through similar guerilla tactics of blowing them up! Israel had to do what they had to do. They achieved independence but now Palestine is attempting to do the same...Can we just exterminate them and/or  leave them to rot in their refugee camps? C'mon...you KNOW that can't be allowed to happen...We would be!
 no better than the.....nope I'm not going to say it...... you know WHO I mean and the memories of their unspeakable atrocities should NEVER be forgotten nor repeated!

I hope I have not offended anyone on this list. If I have, I am truly sorry but like you Philip I want this bloodshed to STOP!

Regards,
Matt
aka UMCANE01