Re: Future Source and Trade Station

Ralph,

I would try a faster computer.

Jimmy

Friday, November 8, 2002, 6:10:55 AM, you wrote:

Ralph> I have noticed that when the market starts moving quickly such as Wednesday
Ralph> after the interest rate announcement the rapid price changes can overwhelm
Ralph> the software and cause it to crash.  Specifically, I noticed that in a quote
Ralph> window the time stopped at 14:14 while ESZ2 prices kept changing quickly.
Ralph> RSPZ2 hardly changed and then at 14:16 (Windows time) the computer crashed
Ralph> with the quote window still showing 14:14 as the time.  After restarting the
Ralph> computer, I noticed in a 1 min chart window that the last data saved to the
Ralph> hard disc was 14:10.  The same thing happened again at 14:33.

Ralph> I had just changed the FS Tip card (PCI type) that day thinking it might be
Ralph> the cause but that made no difference.

Ralph> I am using a Gateway 266 Pentium II with 200 MB RAM.  Using Windows 2000 SP
Ralph> 1, Future Source Manager and Trade Station Build 27.

Ralph> Has any one had any similar experiences and know the possible cause for the
Ralph> problem?

Ralph> Thank you.

Ralph> Regards,

Ralph> Ralph