Re[2]: Follow-up

Add me.

Jimmy

ribau,

Jimmy

Monday, November 4, 2002, 11:26:36 AM, you wrote:

ribau> Return-Path: <omega-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx>
ribau> Received: from mx1.eskimo.com (IDENT:root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [204.122.16.48])
ribau>         by wnoc0001 (8.12.3/8.12.3/Debian -4) with ESMTP id gA4Havg7003953
ribau>         for <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:36:59 -0600
ribau> Received: (from smartlst@xxxxxxxxx)
ribau>         by mx1.eskimo.com (8.9.1a/8.8.8) id JAA10000;
ribau>         Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:26:41 -0800
ribau> Resent-Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:26:40 -0800
ribau> From: ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx
ribau> Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 09:26:36 -0800
ribau> Subject: Re: Follow-up
ribau> In-reply-to: <000001c281f7$3f767bf0$e500020a@xxxxx>
ribau> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
ribau> Message-id: <ke7dsuk4bcs0qf6hhl82mnvbdtufv2ubs4@xxxxxxx>
ribau> MIME-version: 1.0
ribau> X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.92/32.572
ribau> Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
ribau> References: <000001c281f7$3f767bf0$e500020a@xxxxx>
ribau> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
ribau> X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by mx1.eskimo.com id JAA09935
ribau> Resent-Message-ID: <"1hhUw2.0.rR2.Gtgnz"@mx1>
ribau> Resent-From: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
ribau> X-Loop: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
ribau> Precedence: list
ribau> Resent-Sender: omega-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx
ribau> X-UIDL: V2n!!bJW"!G(g!!DUZ!!

ribau> You're damn right, I'm frustrated. I have a decade's worth of investment in
ribau> Easy Language and Omega products, and you've left me without an upgrade
ribau> path. You've also left me with an unfinished and buggy charting program
ribau> that I must use daily in my business. And, quite frankly, it bothers me
ribau> that this product is still being sold in Europe without any hope for
ribau> support or upgrade.

ribau> I work in a major metro area of the West Coast yet the internet here is
ribau> unreliable even though I'm using DSL from the major phone company. That's
ribau> just the nature of internet connections. That's why I use DTN satellite for
ribau> my quotes, and it's never failed in over four years. Why would I downgrade
ribau> to internet delivery of quotes?

ribau> I'll tell you what you guys can do. You can finish SP6 and deliver it
ribau> yesterday as promised, and then work on a TS2Ki sequel that doesn't depend
ribau> on the internet, or at least open it up to other providers like DTN. Then
ribau> you can work on Omega's attitude toward it's long time clients.

ribau> I for one, don't appreciate being promised an upgrade for the software I
ribau> use to make money, only to have the upgrade abandoned at the last minute by
ribau> the promising company which then offers a completely different alternative.
ribau> That's called bait and switch in any legitimate business, and that pisses
ribau> off long time customers who have come to expect far more from the company.
ribau> Omega showed great promise when I started using SC3. Over the years, I've
ribau> seen Omega lose it's direction, lose it's credibility, and turn it's back
ribau> on those who should be it's top priority.

ribau> You seem to have come recently to Omega, perhaps I'm wrong, but check the
ribau> archives at http://www.purebytes.com/archives/, they contain the whole
ribau> story...some topics to search for that come quickly to mind:

ribau>   History Bank doesn't work
ribau>   tool bar on left causes chart shift on re-open of charting
ribau>   double tool bar issue
ribau>   charting slows to a crawl during fast markets even on P4
ribau>   prices in quote window don't match prices on charts
ribau>   product still being sold in Europe
ribau>   floating point issue
ribau>   stops in systems don't work correctly
ribau>   Tracking Center and WorkSpace Assistant use huge amounts of resources
ribau>   Omega promised SP6, then pulled it
ribau>   DMI calculation incorrect
ribau>   TS2Ki will not chart some DTN index calcs
ribau>   etc, etc, etc

ribau> And trust me on this one, that shill you've had planted on this list for
ribau> many years does not help your case. We all know Omega has been listening,
ribau> but chose not to respond with anything useful.

ribau> Don't waste our time with denials and workarounds. None of these issues has
ribau> ever been adequately addressed by Omega. What will you do to make things
ribau> right? All I seem to get out of Omega is more sales promos and no
ribau> solutions.