Re: Global Server hung

Hi all,

> At no
> time during this proceess is there any indication of life, so it looks
> exactly like a crash. Just be VERY patient.

You can use task manager to make sure recovery is working. If the
cpu meter is spiking every so often all is probably well. If
server.exe cpu usage is using cpu then the recovery is running.

Always reboot before starting recovery. Even so, I have seen this
process fail and require a second reboot and rerun before
recovery works.

I always stop and restart the global server after each recovery.
This is superstition.

I always stop and restart the global server before doing
historybank downloads or extended editor sessions. My experience
is that these sometimes crash the server. Recovery time is very
dependent on the amount of data in the server's queue (buffer).
Such restarts flush the queue and have saved me hours of waiting
over the years.

regards,

tbr