Re: EL code problem

At 12:40 PM +0100 10/16/02, Gerry Faulds wrote:
>I wonder if someone could suggest a EL solution to the following ( ver 2000i )
>
>1. How do I plot the Market Position (MP) variable in sub graph 2
>
>I am trying to create an indicator of the system variable Market
>Position (MP) and plot it in sub graph 2 ie value 1 (long ) 0 ( out
>of market) -1 (short)
>
>Perhaps you might have a small piece of code to demonstrate this ?

I have a handy Indicator on my machine called PlotValues:

-----
Input: V1(0), V2(0), V3(0), V4(0);

Plot1(V1, "1");
Plot2(V2, "2");
Plot3(V3, "3");
Plot4(V4, "4");
-----

You can insert the I_MarketPosition function (or any other function)
as one of the inputs when you apply the indicator to a chart and plot
it's value.

Simply replace the 0 as the default value of V1 with the function
"I_MarketPosition" and plot it in subgraph 2 with scaling as "Screen".

>I also have a flag variable called "Trend" in a signal I have
>written. It naturally has the values of either 1 or 0.
>
>How could I plot this in sub graph 2 ?
>
>Thanks very much in advance

This is harder since you have the code for Trend in a signal. The
easier way is to duplicate the code in an indicator and plot it.

Bob Fulks