Re: OFF TOPIC: airlines

I think they got the fuel part figured out.  It is management
weakness and consequential incompetence because they let the unions get too much power and
establish an overpaid work force of sub quality. Unions
have a lot of power because the management responsible for a lot of
airplanes are too fearful of lax in
airline safety.

Of course, crash liability insurance will be high, anyway.  We all hear that
flying is safer than driving.  But I wonder if insurance company
statisticians agree.  For example, what is the probability of
certain death in terms of the amount of time one spends driving vs.
flying?  Not to mention all the media fallout and the effects it has
on an airline, verses someone dying in a car accident.

The large airlines also must pay a premium to have good spots at major
airports.

This is why Southwest succeeds.  They are small, thumb their noses at
pricey major airports, and hire employees who do not succumb to jaded
backward union culture.