RE: Signal loss on RG 6U cable from sat. dish?

I use DTN satellite.  I use a short jumper and take the receiver to the
satellite to test it then test it over the 100 foot line to my office
and the loss is pretty small no where near 1/3.  Same with my Direct TV
dish.  I did have to replace my coax cable some time ago as I had it
buried for about 30 foot and it finally got water logged and the signal
dropped very low.  1/3 loss is far too high.  Don't bother with an ohm
meter.  You are checking it the right way now.  DB loss is how you
measure it.  You might buy a better grade of coax.  Try Home Depot or a
place like that.  RG6 should be good but check this site out.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/cabletech/2.+CATV+Wiring

I've used cheap cable before and it doesn't pay/work.  Check you
connectors as best as you can.  Crimping is important but a clean end
and no shorting from ground to solid connector is very important.  Use
some silicone in the end that connects to the dish to keep water out.  I
don't know what the problem is but a 1/3 loss over 100 foot is way too
high.

Jimmy