Signal loss on RG 6U cable from sat. dish?

I'm trying to solve an intermittent data loss problem...one minute bars
missing on the ES2Z charts(TS4), sometimes 10-20 a day. I've measured the
signal level(using a small satellite finder signal level device-shows
relative levels) at the dish and at my BMI receiver.  There is quite a
difference, signal at the receiver is 1/3rd the level of that at the dish.
I've made the same measurements using a different(new) RG 6U cable and the
problem is the same.  Does anyone know if the length of the cable could be
an issue, one cable is 50ft long, the other one longer(probably 100 ft).
Both are RG 6U.

I've also noticed that when the measuring device is hooked up next to the
receiver the level will sometimes vary up and down in a short period(2-5
seconds).  One thing both cables have in common is that I have replaced the
F connectors on some of the cable ends.  I have a good quality crimper, but
is it possible to do this so poorly that it would cause this signal loss.
Would measuring the cable with an ohm meter show anything?

I'd welcome any suggestions...at this point my TS4 is useless for serious
trading.

John