Problem with built in SetStopLoss

Is there a problem with the built in statements in 2000i

SetStopPosition;
SetStopLoss(Amount);

I am testing the same symbol and signal with the only difference being the
BPV. In case anyone is wondering why I have different BPV values it is to
adjust the no of contracts to historical prices to allow for change in the
underlying value as I cannot access the built in BPV.

The normal BPV is 25, and I am buying 2 contracts. I am also testing using a
BPV of 1 and buying 50 contracts - the value of each should therefore be the
same. There is no commission or slippage. This is the only difference in the
tests.

The results are different. The real BPV value, 25, shows a money management
exit using the built in stop above on the low of the next bar at the correct
price    (the low  =  SetStopLoss(Amount) ).  However when I change the BPV
to 1 and use 50 contracts it does not exit. at the low.

Should I be coding my own exitlong/short statements if it is a problem

Clive