Re: CASH index is poor model for Oddball & Variants

Hello Robert Michael aka Johan,

Originally  I developed and traded for years using real time perpetual
data  generated  on  a  intraday  basis  real  time. Since then I have
switched  to  tracking the cash just from a maintenance standpoint. It
really  does not matter what you put as data1 as others have said here
and probably wish that they hadn't in the past btw.

So throw out the data1 and trade the system on something, anything you
wish.  When  you  or anyone else can come up with something that makes
more money on more products with as large of backtest as does OB. Then
please  feel  free  to bash my free gift public domain system, that is
when  you do the same.

It  my  theory  and practice with real money "I am not some industrial
noise  technician  living  in  Texas  who claims that what he has is a
revelation from God" unlike yourself. That using the cash will provide
a  very  real  world  example of what to expect. Sometimes the futures
make  much more money that what shows on the cash sometimes it's less.
Over all it works out, I know I trade it. Plus the trade frequency and
the market orders allow a robust system to just keep doing it's thing.

If  I  were  you I would impress everyone by coming up with some other
"ORIGINAL"  method  which  works  better.  But  I  guess like they say
imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. You used to have OB in
the  name of your email "Beyond OddBall" something. Well why don't you
drop  it  and  get beyond it? You can't it's not in your psychological
makeup  according  to your employers profile they have on record. They
have you labeled a good follower not an original thinker.

It's  one  thing  to make something better by hard work and using your
mind,  and validating this body of work to your peers. Truly some here
have  contributed  what  I  belive  is  beyond my contribution. I have
learned  and gotten much use out of constructive criticism. But you on
the other hand have done nothing to try to advance yourself by tearing
down the work of others. This is the makeup of a loser in life.

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx