Re[2]: CASH index is poor model for Oddball & Variants

Hello DH,

I'm in the throws of running the OddBall variaitons posted to the O
List (Brown, Folster, C Johnson, ,Dubell etc.) for the period 1994
thru 2001 in two year windows.  The thing that puzzles and somewhat
concerns me is that the system became more profitable as time goes
forward. With 2000-2001 being vastly more profitable than the other
periods.  I'll post some details soon.  But for now, what can cause
this?  Increased range and volatility?  Different composition of the
NYSE issues (McMillan's study shows more interest rate sensitive
closed end funds), quirks resulting from the cap weighted nature of
the SP500???

Although OB is profitable thru the entire period, the early years
average trade is small (<$200).  Unless one can determine what causes
this change in average trade size over time, one can't really guard
against it lapsing back into tiny mode going forward.

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx