Re: Oddball addition FWIW

Hello Douglas,

I'll test it over the weekend bakc thru 94.  and please post any other
variations you have.

I hope you have one than avoided the five signals it gave today :)

the mother of all whipsaws.

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Friday, May 17, 2002, 3:40:55 PM, you wrote:

DD> Omega-List,
DD> Oddball is wonderfully simple yet remarkable system - thank you Mark for
DD> your insight.  I have tried to improve it's % profitable while not changing
DD> it priciples and have found the following to be helpful.

DD> Below is an addition I made to the code.  All it does is:
DD> 1) Look at the Average ROC of the RL[1] and make sure it is under a certain
DD> level for longs and over a certain level for shorts otherwise stay with the
DD> original position.
DD> 2) Check the bar just prior to taking the trade to see if it held above a
DD> certain level for longs and below a certain level for shorts otherwise stay
DD> with the original position.
DD> 3) I don't have a latest time restriction set - this was an error, on my
DD> part, but I have found better results this way. FWIW

DD> ** I realize it introduces additional variables, and this is a drawback, but
DD> it only evaluates what is already being measured.

DD> here is the code:
DD> { Data1 = S&P 500.
DD> Data2 = NYSE Advancing Issues}

If time >> 0930 and time <= 1600 then begin