Re: [Fwd: Log Spiral]

Greg,

Thnx for your detailed reply (questions below)

Michae

Gregory Wood wrote:

> Michael,
>
> First, to make sure you can display SOMETHING, display 10 days of S&P
> 5-min bars.

This is the minimum lookback? Would it be possible to use a shorter period,
say 5 days?

> Using the next to last day, select two points separated by
> 20 minutes, and place an uppercase "A" above the higher point, and an
> uppercase "B" below the lower point. Then apply the indicator. If
> nothing shows, contact me privately.

Presumably, you mean at swing points. Also, are there times when the B lower
point would be subsequent to yet higher than the A point? And, would that be
acceptable?

> I've spotchecked the code on several contracts and barsizes, but it was
> written for the S&P, so there may be some assumptions that prevent it
> from working everywhere.

Works fine for the NQ/ND also.

> Also, be sure there are LOTS of bars to the left of where you want the
> spiral to draw, and only pick points from the second half of the data.
> (This is a limitation imposed by the way I compromised EL to read points
> and draw to the left.)

Thanx again for sharing this with the group!

Michael