Re: XFunds Shadow Trader Volunteers Desired

In a message dated 12/28/01 11:44:06 PM Central Standard Time,
markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hello  I4Lothian,

 Iac> The originator of the Xfund concept is none other than Peter
 Iac> Steidlmayer, the developer of the popular Market Profile.

 while i respect pete and the cbot i think this will be a challenging
 random event driven - practically gambling event.

*****  That is why I nominate you to be one of the managers.  Do you accept?

they would primarily be betting on the seasonality patterns that Jake
Bernstein taught them?

***** No, I think the CBOT Xfund managers will be using Pete's Capital Flow
software to predict markets that are spent in one direction and will be
returning to a more equilibrium pricing level during the next two weeks.

sorry  i  knew  i  couldn't  get  this out without a smart ass remark.

***** A smart ass is someone who can tell the flavor of an ice cream cone by
sitting on it.  But then you knew that.  :-)

anyway instead of being FIXED to the position, if they would allow  flipping
positions.   it  would  be  worth  pursuing  and more interesting  i think.

**** I am not sure what you mean by flipping.  The Xfunds will change every
two weeks.  I am just recommending a combination of fixed and variable
Xfunds, but for this exercise I am trying to have the Shadow traders create
their own 2 week variable components.

otherwise well this would give some of these so called  forecasters  a chance
to show us what they can do?

**** There is certainly an opportunity for that.  But the opportunity for the
Xfunds is much more.

that might be entertaining so i recant what i said earlier it's now a GREAT
idea!

**** Great, then I will accept your participation as one of the Shadow
managers.  And if you don't accept, I will crash your servers again by
sending you too much traffic to your web site.  :-)

 check out the below link
 http://www.eurobondonline.com/steidlmayer.htm
 also
 http://www.eurobondonline.com/

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.