RE: HELP... Running out of time.

> It's not true that dual-CPU mobo's don't support AGP.  It frequently is the
> case, particularly for 4 CPUs, because these are server class where graphics
> is considered unnecessary.  However, workstation-class systems will
> definitely have the latest & greatest graphics and 2 CPU's.

I'm no expert, I'm just repeating what I heard at Fry's.  It may be
that **Fry's** only carries server-class mobos without AGP, but good
dual-CPU mobos with AGP are available.  If so, what are they?

> For dual, I would stay with Intel processors because the issues of
> cache coherency, etc. will stress any processor design.  But, I
> don't believe the P4 yet supports dual - you'll need a P3 or a P4
> Xeon (when they are out).

My understanding is that the P3 is discontinued, the P4 doesn't
support MP, and who knows when the P4 Xeon will come out.  Plus I
haven't been too impressed with the P4's or Intel's handling of them.
 I'd be happy to go with AMD if they were reliable.  What's the cache
issue you refer to?

It would probably be a whole lot simpler to just get a separate
single-CPU box to run TS, and let it eat THAT CPU while I use another
one for other stuff.  (But it would still be nice to have 2 CPUs for
Server and system optimization!)  But so often I want to copy stuff
to/from TS to email, and spreadsheets, and etc etc, that I tend to
think a dual box would be the best solution.  If only they weren't so
damn expensive hard to find/build, and finicky.

Gary