RE: HELP... Running out of time.

It's not true that dual-CPU mobo's don't support AGP.  It frequently is the
case, particularly for 4 CPUs, because these are server class where graphics
is considered unnecessary.  However, workstation-class systems will
definitely have the latest & greatest graphics and 2 CPU's.  I am not
familiar with the Taiwanese manufacturers, but Intel had such a board
beginning in 1997 (MS440GX for P2-P3 Xeon) and in 1999 (OR840 for P3
non-Xeon); I  expect others followed, but I can't cite the specs.  For dual,
I would stay with Intel processors because the issues of cache coherency,
etc. will stress any processor design.  But, I don't believe the P4 yet
supports dual - you'll need a P3 or a P4 Xeon (when they are out).

Buy as big a case as you can make room for - to save your knuckles in trying
to arrange everything inside.

What would you & your HW freak friends recommend for this situation?
I just visited a Fry's in Phoenix (visiting in-laws for Christmas)
and they recommended a Tyan Tiger MP mobo (about $200) with a pair of
1.6 Athlons (about $200 ea).  One supposed expert told me that AMD
CPUs are like Jaguars -- fast and sleek when they run, but very
trouble-prone.  The Fry's guy said they'd had no problems with
Athlons, and since Intel had discontinued the P3, and since the only
mobo that supports dual-CPU doesn't have an AGP slot, he thought the
Athlon was a better answer.  What's your read on that?

He also recommended a $150 case (can't remember the brand offhand)
because the dual-CPU "server-class" boards supposedly demand more &
don't work as well in the standard cases.