From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Omega-List@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 2:04 PM
Subject: HELP... Running out of time.

Hello Omega-List,

ok hardware freaks i have bought some heavy duty big corporate name
brand  computers  to  expand my network next year.  now i want to play
penny  pincher  and  get  me  a couple of really bare bones play toys.
something that will make a huge spreadsheet, and handle huge graphics,
word doc's and html creations.

i am thinking of the absolute cheapest fastest bang for the buck.

using mostly www.pricewatch.com as a guide.

thinking of a athlon 1.4 t bird or a 1.9 athlon xp

undecided if the ddr ram is worth twice the price of sdram?

it has a direct bearing on the motherboard i choose.

an each unit has to have one of those 100 gig ata 100 hard drives.

10/100  nic  and a cheap cd rom, good but cheap video card, and a case
with approved power supply.

shooting for around 600?  no os of course, or software ect.

--

Have Great Day,  Mark Brown

°¨¨°şİ[ WWW.MARKBROWN.COM ]İş°¨¨°