PowerST: Was Re: Fixed Ratio Function

In a message dated 12/25/2001 5:05:55 PM Central Standard Time,
hadrada@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> : PowerST does provide this, and on a portfolio basis. PowerST provides
>  sample
>  : code for both fixed fractional and Fixed Ratio, plus a programming
>  : environment for testing user defined portfolio money management
>  strategies.
>
>  PowerST does this, PowerST does that...does everything except handles
>  intraday data. According to the spammer, it is meant for 'serious' system
>  testing...so serious, it can't handle tick data. And if you click on the
URL
>  kindly provided to find updated info, you'll find out that everything is
>  under construction...including the page with the testimonial from the only
>  end user of it.
>
>  C'mon Bob, if you're gonna spam the omega list with the tease of a rival
>  product, at least have it ready for use. Hey, even Neoticker is finished
>  product.

I could say Neoticker is not ready for use because (from what I have read on
this list) it does not support optimization. How can you call trading
software that does not support optimization a finished product? Well,
certainly there are tradeoffs, and possibly some on this list are interested
in Neoticker even without optimization.

Do you think everyone on this list needs intraday data? I know for a fact
that there are many end of day traders on this list, some of whom have
expressed interest in PowerST even though it is currently end of day only.
Are you ready to declare that the end of day traders on this list are not
serious traders? If so, I think you are going to be offending quite a few
list members.

With regard to "everything is under construction", the Current Status page
that the home page encourages reading explains this. Let me quote:

<<<<
Serious inquiries are being given access to the full web site which discusses
the PowerST product in depth, including more detail on exact status. This
full web site is currently being made available only to serious inquiries
with a potential interest in starting with the current feature set. Viewing
the full web site requires nondisclosure agreement.

The full site is available, just not publicly posted. I suppose I could have
found a better expression than "UNDER CONSTRUCTION". My apologies for any
confusion this may have caused. I just uploaded some revised pages which have
been corrected to say that some pages are "currently being withheld from this
public PowerST web site" rather then "UNDER CONSTRUCTION".

PowerST is ready for use now for someone interested enough in the features it
provides that they are willing to forgo the features it does not provide.
This is discussed in some detail in the public www.powertesting.com web site.

It is a fact that there are people from this list starting to use PowerST,
who are willing to start with the current feature set, that I have made
contact with from my omega list postings. I would have had no other way to
make these contacts. Some list members are getting the chance to use some
unique PowerST software features not available elsewhere, I am getting some
early sales, and when PowerST is finally declared "released" I hope to have a
small community of users already happily using the software. I am absolutely
convinced that the way I am slowly adding customers, as early as possible, is
the proper approach. The worst thing would be a big product announcement,
followed by selling a bunch of copies, followed by the discovery that the
product is really not ready for widespread use by real customers. We have all
seen that happen before. I am intentionally adding new users slowly enough so
that doesn't happen, and I have been lucky that PowerST has some unique
enough features to draw in these early users.

Obviously you are not a prospective customer at this time because you require
intraday data. That is fine. However, the fact is that there are some list
members expressing interest in my posts about PowerST. For the sake of those
list members, please be a little tolerant of a two sentence teaser attached
to an email which I hope added some interest value to a discussion in
progress about Fixed Ratio. And please lets not blow this up into a
discussion about spamming or inappropriate posts. Been there, done it, seen
that, nobody want to go through it again. I have no intention of making any
more posts until I see another topic I feel I can add some value to, or if
someone posts something about PowerST to the list which requires response, or
upon significant products announcements in the future.

If anyone wants to discuss any of the topics in this post further, please
email me privately.

Bob Bolotin
President, RDB Computing, Inc.
Developer of "PowerST: The Power System Tester"
http://www.powertesting.com
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
847-982-1910