Re: Workspace assistant weird behavior with custom data list and multiple data streams

Sorry for the excessive messages, but yet another update.

When I go to the format symbol window and look at symbol2 (now
AIG), On the Symbol Tab it shows that it is using a different global
server symbol list than I originally selected!  I have no idea how that
got changed!

> This is an update to this problem.
>
> I used a macro program to simulate workspace assistant.  It just
> does a CTRL-SPACE (same as pressing the "Load Next Symbol"
> button) until it loops through all symbols in my list.  This time I
> used a bigger list (500 symbols).  It worked fine on A, AA, ABK,
> ABS, ABT, AC, ACF, ACS, ADI, ADP, AEE, AEP, AES, AEP,
> AFC, AFG, AFL, AGE, AGN, AHC, AHG, AHP, AIG.  Then, it gets
> stuck.  It loads AJG as data1, but AIG remains in place as data2.
> then as it goes forward with each successive symbol in the list,
> AIG remains stuck at data2.
>
> Anyone experience this behavior before?
>

> Date sent:      	Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:47:25 -0500
> From:           	cash@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To:             	omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject:        	Workspace assistant weird behavior with custom data list and multiple data streams
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope someone can help with this or has experienced it before and
> > can tell me what is going on.
> >
> > I am having a problem when I run workspace assistant.
> >
> > I have set up a global server custom data list.
> > I have a workspace with one chart with 3 datas:
> > data1 = 1 minute tick data of symbol A from global server list
> > TestList
> > data2 = daily data of symbol A from global server list TestList
> > data3 = daily data of symbol SPY from global server list SpyList
> >
> > In TestList, I have the following symbols:
> > AA
> > ABK
> >
> > In SpyList, I have just one symbol: SPY
> >
> > So, running this with the workspace assistant, I would expect it to
> > run through:
> > A for data1, A for data2, SPY for data3, then
> > AA for data1, AA for data2, SPY for data3, then
> > ABK for data1, ABK for data2, SPY for data3, then
> >
> > I have an EL strategy set up that prints data to the debug log with
> > every bar as well as to a file.  This includes info on data1 and data2
> >
> > I look in the debug log and everything looks fine for A, everything
> > looks fine for AA, but when I look at the first bar of ABK (data1), it
> > says that Data2 is AA and I can see it is correct because it shows
> > me the Open and Close which is confirmed on the chart.
> >
> > So, what am I doing wrong?  How can I get the program to properly
> > recognize when I moved on to the next symbol?  It did so going
> > from A to AA, why not from AA to ABK?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Cash
> >

> > "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."

"Buy Low, Sell High"
(If this statment is used for financial gain, I am entitled to 10% of all profits. ;) )