Re[2]: variable declarations within EL?

Hello Jim,

Knowing what we know about managing complex large software development
projects,  you learn to accept the bad for the sake of  the getting at
the good stuff.

On my last commercial project,  we developed and sold thousands of
copies of a program.  Throughout my involvement we maintained a constant
large # of Software Trouble Reports.  No matter how hard, and late into
the night we worked, we were never able to put a dent on the number of
problems.  The program is still a success and is being used to thruout the
states.  It is difficult to justify $wise, a staff to just
fix problems.  You  can justify adding features and in doing so, you
can take care of the bugs.  Thereby you get the never ending story.
Programming staffs concentrate on the severe problems, those
abnormally terminate the app, or corrupt the data base.  It quickly becomes
apparent that you will never be able to fix those countless little bugs.
Unless the programmer stumbles into the problem, recognizes it a
problem,  and is able to replicate it, the problem will not get fixed.
That programmer is probably not assigned to the problem in the first
place.  He is working on something more important, a new feature.
By the way, that same programmer is adding his own brand new bugs to
the software with every line of code he alters or adds!!

So with this experience, you learn to accept TS. I kinda like it.  I think
it will be difficult to replace it with something that is better and as
as stable.  We forget that TS has solved 1,000,000,000s of problems
since it first release.

Best regards,
 Ernie                            mailto:ebonugli@xxxxxxxx