Re: XP optimization

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Mark Brown wrote:
>just  went  down  to  fry's last nite and tried out the sony 1.8 intel
>with  that  great  24  inch  screen.    while i was impressed with the
>screen,   i  could not get over the shock of how slow the xp operating
>system  was.   unbelievably  slow  just  to  do common task, like open
>something up.....

In my opinion, Sony makes the best displays and the slowest PCs.
They'll design a drop dead gorgeous machine with every bell and
whistle imaginable and then slip in the slowest 5400RPM hard drive on
the planet. Find a machine with a Cheetah X15 hard drive and you'll
see a marked difference in performance.