Alternative?

Didn't Bob really say it all, folks?
I continue to look for an alternative to TS.  Not sure that I will find
anything which will woo away everyone who has devoted at least a partial
career to this cranky marriage, but I, for one, would like a modeling
program or language which
* Can do the important things for which we employ TS
* Is well written and either well supported or well documented (or both!)
There are doubtless other criteria - for me, an important one would be the
option of running under Unix/Linux.
I have mentioned this here, before, and some have responded to me.
There are some interesting candidates out there, and I am investigating
them.  Some are very capable - but a question is whether skilled users of TS
could easily step from it to the new system, regardless of ultimate
advantage.
I am compiling info and will publish it sometime this winter (God willing),
and invite comment.
Meantime I continue to struggle to learn the quirks of TS.
A merry Christmas to those noble warriors who share their victories with us!
Jim Wixson