Data rename problem

I'm trying to generate continuous contracts with TS4 and ran into a
problem this time. Part of the process requires renaming a contract,
adjusting the prices, writing to a file, reading it in, then renaming
it back to the original name. For safety, I write out the data to
files in case there is a problem along the way. I've been doing this
for a while, and the rename has been working OK.

This time, I made a mistake in the date settings and had to recover
from the backup files. I delete the bad contracts, read in the backup
data, but when I try to rename the contract the TICK data disappears!
(Daily stays there OK.) For example, I read in xxZ1orig, and all the
data is there under the contract name xxZ1orig. When I rename it to xx
Z1, there is NO tick data. If I copy out the data, there is no tick
data in what is copied out either.

I tried the usual reboot, and did a defrag as well, but the problem
persists.

When I tell the server to delete the contract that supposedly has no
tick data, it takes a long time - typical for deleting a contract with
a LOT of tick data. From this, it seems as though the data is there
but just not visible.

Any ideas on how to recover the tick data?

Isn't data maintenance fun with TS? :-(((

TIA,

ztrader