Re: programming standards ?

> I don't have the time to become a code tinker, because as I've
> stated above, I trade to make a living, and time is money. Most of
> us here understand those rules of the code... ;-)

Anyone who has programmed for a living can tell you that's being
penny-wise and pound-foolish.  It's a bit like saying "I don't have
time to be a mechanic, I just want to drive my car.  Changing oil
takes time, and time is money, so I'm not going to waste my time
changing the oil."  You'll pay *more* for it later.

If you only write 5-line indicators, then maybe comments are as
unnecessary for you as an oil change is for a tricycle.  But if you
write code of any size or complexity, good programming practice will
pay for itself in the long run.

If you're never going to look at that code again, maybe it's not
worth "tinkering" with.  But how do you know *now* that you won't
need to look at it *later*?  When you write the code, is it so much
harder to write "BreakoutPrice" or "BOPrice" than "Value26" ?  Is it
that hard to jot down a line or two explaining why you're doing what
you're doing?  (I'd guess it would take less effort than the typical
post to the O-list. :-)

These are simple and quick things, and they make the code much easier
to understand and maintain.  If you're the only one who will ever see
it, maybe you don't care about the illegibility and the danger of
mistyped ValueXX names.  But if you ever give it to someone else and
expect them to understand it, you may regret your who-cares-just-
knock-it-out-and-trade approach.

Gary