Re: Asking too much ??

Jim,

> Although I have not defined my question precisely, I am talking about the
> tactics of getting into and out of a position, once a market has been
> chosen.  I am trying to look at the technical aspects of technical trading
> and to find out and put some performance numbers on what is being done by
> us - serious attempters of TS.

Getting in is the easy part - a coin toss works. Getting out is the hard
part although it should not be.  It's all about risk - how much of your
account do you want to lose/give back on a trade?  Folks will try and use TA
to exit and that's fine as long as it does not violate how much they are
willing to lose/give back.  If it improves the exit, great.  When I hear
people talking about TA-based exits, I rarely hear them talking about max
dollars to lose/give back which leads me to suspect that they don't have a
max dollars to lose/give back figure.  If they don't, they'll lose because
they haven't defined risk in a way that is tied to their account.

Season's best,
Mike