RE: Asking too much ??

Bob - and all,
I certainly know that we write programs in TS and that, if one is
well-enough acquainted with its quirks and flaws, it can generally do more
or less what we tells it to.
My question, not well enough posed, is more of a research one: what kind of
returns do we get (say, net but without regarding fees or slippage)?
I am really curious what reward we are getting for all of those troubles so
well documented here.
A related question is: what kind of reliable (year-in-and year-out) returns
are some of our stars getting?
Jim