RE: off topic: XP

Just to make sure you feel even worse :)

>From one of the windows mag,

Win2K is slower than WinNT by 15 to 20% on a same computer comparison,
not those Win2K is faster review just because they tested that on
a 3X CPU speed PC :)

Then now WinXP is 15 to 20% slower on the same computer with Win2K.

I wonder those old 486 could do most of what we want afterall :)

Lawrence

--- "M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Didn't you hear ?
> XP requires 50% of the CPU to check that your hardware and XP registration
> key are synched.
> Old Bill G wanted to be sure you only get 1 install per copy.
> He doesn't trust you, so it constantly keeps checking, and checking, and
> checking.....
>  ;>)

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities