AW: GARCH questions and math help needed a bit

Hi Bilo,

since the X-term is to remain unchanged we may consider this problem as an
inhomogeneous linear recurrence in Y(t), which is usually solvable. However,
different coefficients require different methods, and sometimes complex
numbers will be involved.

The closed form would contain t, though, so that we would get something like
f(a,b,c,t,X(t-1)).

If you can specify the coefficients a, b, c, and also indicate the initial
condition for Y(0) or Y(1), I will try to work it out for you. No
guarantees, but I can give it a try.

Regards,

Michael Suesserott