An apology

Recently. my conservative views came under attack on this list.  The attacks
got me thinking..and my critics are right!  I need to become more sensitive,
more feeling to the plights my fellow human beings'.  And no time is better
than during this Holiday season and no person is more fitting than the
Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar.
.
I sincerely hope that the deal the Mullah is trying to work out with the
Northern Alliance is successful.  Regardless of past indiscretions,
everyone, including the Mullah, is entitled to respect as a human being.
.
A Taliban spokesman said Omar would be "allowed to live with dignity" in
Afghanistan as part of the deal. Even though that idea doesn't sit very well
with Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, we should all support the Mullah in
his efforts. The question is what can we do about it?
.
We have gone to great lengths to at least appear to take a hands-off
approach in the post-Taliban decisions of Afghan leaders. Any pressure put
on Afghanistan to punish Omar will need to be opposed.

And besides, I didn't know the Mullah had a goat named "Dignity".

The Mullah has an appointment to meet Allah.  Its up to the USMC to see that
he keeps that appointment!