Re: Wish I had a source file compare for EL

Ernie wrote:
>   I wish I had a tool to file compare two EL source files.  I quickly

How is this any different from the unix 'diff' utility that compares
any two text files and shows you the differences?

Not only does it do that, but it shows how to change one file into
the other, and can do this for you.  A lot of unix source update
distributions come with lots of small diff output files, which you
apply to your originals using diff to create updated versions.

The DOS command can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/dif272b.zip

The documentation can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/dif272d.zip

You'd put it in your c:\windows\command directory.  However, at the
moment both those archives appear to be corrupt - I can't open them.
Time to write to the archive maintainer.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com