Re: puzzling probability and roulette a la Mark Brown

I have to sympathize with Mike here.  I enjoy the research, mathematics
and intellectual challenge, just like any other science.  Emotion should
not (and better not) have anything to do with trading.  You clock in, do
your job, and clock out.

IMHO, those getting emotional thrills out of "rolling the dice" while they
trade are looking for disaster, and fully deserve the disaster that
they're looking for.

For me a successful and satisfying trade has nothing to do with dollar
profit but rather reliability and proper attack.  Like warfare, the means
are as important as the ends, and both the goal and the process are easily
subverted by emotion.

-- John

--

John T. Nelson           |  John's Trading Journal
trader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  http://www.computation.org/

    Hosted by Lexonia Internet Services
	  http://www.lexonia.net/