Optimization-multiple positions

For the first time, I am attempting to optimize a system trading more than
one position.  I am not sure how to do so.  The system is designed to exit
position 1 at a modest profit target, position 2 at a larger profit target,
and position 3 runs until an exit is signaled.  I do not know how to
optimize the system for the various exits - one at a time, all together,
etc.  Should I optimize the profit targets together using different ranges
for each?  Any help would be appreciated.