Re: puzzling probability and roulette a la Mark Brown

That is a different question.

You're initial question was "What is the probability of getting 5 consecutive
heads in 5 flips?"  The answer is 1/(2^5).

The question in this comment is "What is the probability of getting at least 1
heads in a total of 5 flips?"  Here, the answer is :

After first flip: 1/2

After second flip: 1/2 + (1/2)/2 = 0.75 (they could have come up HH, HT, TH, and
TT --- you would have gotten at least one heads in a total of two flips 3/4 of
the times)

After third flip: etc. = 0.875

After fifth flip: 1 - (1/2^5)