Re: Will trade my "great" tradingsystem

Hello  Robert,

RL> I was emailed a Sharpe Ratio Signal that caculates the Sharpe Ratio, run
RL> over the same 4 years this was the result.
RL> For TS2000i I was able to turn it into an indicator (same 3.48 result).

RL> StartDate = 980106, Periods =  902, Stand Dev =   43.6%, Anlzd Avg =
RL> 152.0%, Sharpe =   3.48,  ND__C__1.TXT,

RL> Someone else told me that for a non optimzed system >2 was already pretty
RL> good.

the  more  you  talk  the more i wonder.  if you pay more attention to
detail you will see i said profit factor not sharpe ratio.

RL> Anyway, the offer is still open to trade it for one of your systems.
RL> Is everybody in agreement that "Sharp Ratio" is a good measurement of a
RL> system (you can prove anything with statistics...).

no  i  disagree  completely  and  i disagree with typical backadjusted
contracts   and   the way most all models are built / tested.  give me
the  system  so  i  can post its trades real time on the web - then we
will see what it can do as it happens.  if it is any good i will trade
you  something  better  for  it.   if  after a year of it making money
brilliantly live on the net - you will be famous and rich i bet.

i  honestly  think  after  looking  at  your string of losses (see the
amounts  consistently?)   you  may  have  stumbled upon a buggy way of
placing trades in ts - that may give false results.  sorry mark

send me the code lets get this over with.

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com