Re: Virus Alert

Gary,

> and yet I have NEVER been hit with a virus.  I often get 5-6 a day,
> but none have ever infected my system.  99% of the virii loose in the
> wild are targeted at OE; don't run OE, and exercise some caution when
> executing attachments, and you will have NO problems with viruses.

You get whacked more than I do.  The choice of mailer doesn't affect that.
It's the protection side that matters.
You've chosen a mailer that has strong built in protection.  I run an AV
programme that doesn't focus just on mail.
I've had viruses come from blister packaged, legal software.  I've had my
father-in-law (whom I both like and love just in case there's any question
about why I was sent a virus from him) give me a floppy with a virus on it.
Although email is the dominant means of transmission, it isn't the only way.
And yes, I agree that OE spreads viruses like wildfire.  Dropping OE as a
mailer isn't the only way to stop the spread of viruses.

And I have had no infection problems with viruses. Not one has gotten
through the AV software I have run over the years.
Jeez, I hate making this kind of statement - it's the kiss of death.

Regards,
Mike