Re: Will "trade" my great tradingsystem

Jan,

> I'm talking about the largest drawdown in that system's history which
> cannot be exceeded without suffering non-affordable loss.

I don't think historical drawdowns count for much except as a historical
statistic.  I figure the worst drawdown is somewhere in the future not the
past.  I think that you look at drawdown the way you look at a stop - how
much am I willing to lose before I bail.  What you do then is an interesting
question.  My inclination would be to trade an equity curve although not a
balanced one.  If my drop dead point was 30%, I don't think I'd require the
system to prove itself by coming back all the way.  I wouldn't want to leave
all those profits on the table.  I'm not sure where I'd resume trading -
perhaps when the system resumed its previous pattern.  I think that I'd
probably start tinkering with the system to see what would happen but that
would be dangerous ground.

Regards,
Mike